I am a cognitive scientist, ultimately interested in building resource-constrained artificial agents that can learn and function in the wild.
- Postdoctoral researcher in Machine Learning.
- Research interests:
- Iterative refinement of object identity inference in recurrent neural networks.
- Lifelong learning on continuous data streams with recurrent neural networks.
- Interactions between memory, perception, and decision-making systems.
- Bio-inspired local learning rules as alternatives to backpropagation-based updates.
Further academically-relevant information can be found in my curriculum vitae (full/short). The projects page lists and briefly summarizes my projects.
In case you would like to discuss the possibility of a collaboration or just ideas/critiques related to my work, connect with me on Twitter @martisamuser or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond research, I enjoy playing League of Legends, Age of Empires 2, badminton, and board games (Catan <3). I am always up for water-sports: swimming, kayaking, snorkelling, stand-up paddling, and scuba diving. Also sign me up for any adrenaline-pumping, motivating, or tear-jerking anime (have you watched Hunter x Hunter yet? Your Lie in April?), or movies!
I occasionally blog about the green screens of my projects, half-baked but interesting ideas, and other random stuff which might come in handy.